St Clair Cemetery, Mt Lebanon, Allegheny Co, PA

Search for cemetery records in Saint Clair Cemetery, PA at by entering a surname and clicking search:

Restrict search to

Surname

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: The Original Nuremberg Laws Finally at National Archives

General Patton ignored orders from General Eisenhower in 1945--

but the original Nuremberg Laws finally make it to the National Archives in 2010.








My parents had the opportunity to visit some of Hitler's concentration camps while my dad was part of the American Occupation Force after World War II.  The sight, the smell, the feelings of being there where so many lives were lost due to Hitler's policies were overwhelming according to my mom.  She never forgot the sights and the horrors of the tour of the camps.  When she talked about the visit, she would close her eyes and shudder as the tears would roll down her face.

Ahh, genealogy.  Sometimes history comes back to us in the sight and in the sounds of today.  I guess I'll just take a moment and say a prayer for those who suffered and died in the concentration camps, and remember my mom.



©2010 AS Eldredge

No comments: