St Clair Cemetery, Mt Lebanon, Allegheny Co, PA

Search for cemetery records in Saint Clair Cemetery, PA at by entering a surname and clicking search:

Restrict search to

Surname

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Upcoming Genealogy Workshop in York, PA Set for April 14

One of my dear sweet cousins who shares my McCLAIN blood called recently to chat about some of our dearly departed kin and to share his news. 

Dear sweet Frank tells me he has become extremely active with the local genealogy folks as a volunteer at the Family History Center located in York. Not only that, but dear sweet Frank is also a speaker at the upcoming Susquehanna Valley Family History Conference in York, PA on April 14, 2012! 

Here is Frank's topic:
Creating Your Own Book Using PAF – Frank Long – This presentation will equip a genealogist/researcher with the tools to convert a bland set of facts and images into an exciting and attractive book.  A step–by–step process will be covered with suggested dos and don’ts.

Dear sweet Frank also tells me that keynote speakers Don and Jeanine Hartman are great presenters who will talk about Genealogy on a Shoe String.  Boy, don't we all want to know those secrets!  Since I am unfamiliar with the speakers, I took a quick peak at their family website which contains something like 719,000 individuals. 

Local newspaper editor Jim McClure is an accomplished historian who has published many books on the York area and is also scheduled to speak.

All this fun stuff is making my mouth water.  Wish I could go, but perhaps dear sweet Frank will take notes for me?

In the event you are planning to be in the York area in mid April, or if you are looking for a fun weekend trip, head on out to the conference.




Oh, and thanks Frank for the kind words you said to me on the phone.  You see, dear sweet Frank gives me a heartfelt hug for really jump starting his research and being his sounding board over the years.  Keep on and never give up. 

Ahh, genealogy. Those tidbits of information that come in from time to time are our lifeline to the past and give us hugs from our dearly departed.

©2012 AS Eldredge

No comments: