St Clair Cemetery, Mt Lebanon, Allegheny Co, PA

Search for cemetery records in Saint Clair Cemetery, PA at by entering a surname and clicking search:

Restrict search to

Surname

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Gone, Yet Remembered

I started yesterday with such high hopes. There she was, a cousin of mine who I had just located... even if it is a mere 30 years later.

My efforts of yesterday did pay off. Although not how I wanted.

Mrs. Gordon Charles BROADBENT has been found-- sorta. She was Margie Alberta ADERTON and was born in 1905 in Oregon. Chances of finding her still breathing, kicking and with her memory intact are slim. Actually, I suspect the Margie A BROADBENT who died in 2002 in Oregon is my gal.

Now to see if I can locate her obit. My contact of yesterday hadn't done any research on her lines, but he did send me the files he had. It was those files who led me to locate her death. My contact of yesterday did not know if she had any descendants. Now I will try to determine that. I can also look to her siblings' children and grandchildren to see if they have the genealogy virus coursing through their blood.

Rest Margie-- while I tell you of your roots. Yes, you are descended from Barnet VANDERVORT and Elizabeth HENRY. Elizabeth was the daughter of John HENRY (1750-1838) and his first wife, Sara SMITH, daughter of John SMITH of Hopewell Twp, Washington Co, PA. John HENRY was an early settler of Lower St Clair in Allegheny Co, PA and is buried at the St. Clair Cemetery.

It's a rich history for all of us. Just gotta wonder, is it ever too late for the genealogy virus? I think not.

-----
www.fayettefrontpage.com
Fayette Front Page

1 comment:

Casey said...

I am decended from Barnet VANDERVORT, b. March 1777 in NY and died June 1871 in Muskingum Co. OH. His wife's name was Elizabeth. Is this the same as your Barnet?