St Clair Cemetery, Mt Lebanon, Allegheny Co, PA

Search for cemetery records in Saint Clair Cemetery, PA at by entering a surname and clicking search:

Restrict search to

Surname

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Hot on the Trail-- 30 Years Too Late

Arrrrgggghhhhh. The sound coming from my throat filled the air. No, no, no. It just can't be.

Maybe I should go back in time just to catch up to today. I was cruising around some thirty year old genealogy journals when--- bingo-- there's familiar names jumping off the page. In the query section of the 1977 Western PA Genealogical Society Quarterly Journal, there is a notice of someone looking for my family.

I know for whom they search. They search for the oldest daughter of my 4th great grandfather. I can help. I can put them in touch with one of her descendants.

But the request is from 30 years ago! So I quickly type in my request to the WPGS to see if they can tell me if this lady is still a member. Oh, by the way, I am a card carrying member of the WPGS as well as a member of their First Family Section. So, you see, I am entitled to hold my head high. Yeah, right.

Anyway, the last address they have for her is in CA from 2002. Gee, guess when I joined? In 2003.

I've been searching for her. I found her husband who died in 1971 in Santa Clara, CA. I can't find her. But then, I don't have her first name. Chances are she, too, has gone on to meet her kin in spirit.

I did find someone on one of the paid sites who has her husband in his tree and I checked their tree to see one of the surnames the lady was searching for. I've madly jotted off an email to the tree owner to see if he has information on her. Now, I sit and wait.

The lady, Mrs. Gordon C. Broadbent, sent out her message 30 years ago for info on Barnett VANDERVORT and Elizabeth HENRY.

Mrs. B, I've seen your request, and I'm here to help fill the gaps. Even if is thirty years later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not the woman you were hoping to contact, but I am related to Barnett Vandervort and Elizabeth Henry. Their child, Cynthia married my great great grandfather Theodore Moore. She was married before to a Samuel Walker, and I'd love to know what happened to him. They had a daughter also named Cynthia, but also referred to as Mary. Any info on the Vandervorts would be appreciated. I have photos of Cynthia Moore, but none of Barnett.