St Clair Cemetery, Mt Lebanon, Allegheny Co, PA

Search for cemetery records in Saint Clair Cemetery, PA at by entering a surname and clicking search:

Restrict search to

Surname

Monday, August 06, 2012

Walking With the Dead at St Clair Cemetery

Last night, the phone rang and the cheery voice on the other end of the line made me smile.  But then, I always smile as I talk with my dear beloved cousin who is as addicted to genealogy as I am.

He had news.

Our beloved family cemetery, the St Clair Cemetery, is in the news again.  There will be a self guided walking tour on September 15 from 9 am to 1 pm.  The Mt Lebanon Historical Society will once again talk to visitors about many of the early residents of Lower St Clair and Mt Lebanon.

Of course, many conversations will be about my dearly departed.  Just wish I could be there to share the stories with the visitors.

Ahh, genealogy.  Walking in the past.  What else is there to say?  Oh yes, let me know if any more of my living kin show up!

Update:  The good folks at the Hysterical Society tell me my 4g grandpa will be there in full Revolutionary garb.  Ok, so it's someone who will portray him.  What fun!

Source:  http://www.stclaircemetery.com/

©AS Eldredge 2012

No comments: