St Clair Cemetery, Mt Lebanon, Allegheny Co, PA

Search for cemetery records in Saint Clair Cemetery, PA at by entering a surname and clicking search:

Restrict search to

Surname

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bitten Again

Now, I've done it. I've been bitten again by the volunteer genealogy bug.

One of the groups that I lurk and contribute to had recently alerted everyone of some new newspaper archives to search online. After many hours of looking, which were accompanied by massive eye strain and few nuggets of gold, I realized that I couldn't be the only family searcher who had invested in massive quantities of Visine. Those old newspapers sure can be hard on the eyes!

I wondered aloud to the list to see if anyone was interested in taking the names of the dead found on the pages they had searched and making an index. I even volunteered to compile the list if the information was sent to me.

This thought has caught on like wild fire. Now, my box is full of lists of different dates and loads of names. I've made a spreadsheet and now, I just type and type.

Me and my big idea. It could be of value to seekers of the past and I hope I find some nuggets too. Sigh.

No comments: