St Clair Cemetery, Mt Lebanon, Allegheny Co, PA

Search for cemetery records in Saint Clair Cemetery, PA at by entering a surname and clicking search:

Restrict search to

Surname

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Tis the Season for Tombstone Searching

Graveyards just aren't creepy. In my world, tombstone searching is fun. I relish the thought of finding new family information to add to my vast collection of "blood tales." Sometimes, just seeing who is buried in the family plot can lead to new discoveries and new found cousins. For example. seeing who was buried with my grandparents in Southside Cemetery in Pittsburgh led me to discover more about my grandmother's family. You can read more about this genealogy tidit on AustinM. Brendel in an earlier post.

I spend a lot of time researching the good people of early Allegheny Co, PA. This site has a great contributed cemetery database and is always free to use. And before you ask-- yes, I have contributed to this database. Check it out if you have a need to dig in Pittsburgh.

Right now, for the next couple of days, you can also search the tombstone and cemetery collection at ancestry at no charge. Here are just a couple of their wonderfully creepy databases that I enjoy.

Abstract of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots
Cross Creek, Pennsylvania Cemetery History
Dutchess County, New York cemeteries
Gravestone inscriptions of Trinity Cemetery, New York City, New York

To begin searching on ancestry, go to this link: http://landing.ancestry.com/halloween/?sssdmh=dm13.222621&o_iid=41074&o_lid=41074&cj=1&o_xid=0000930738&o_lid=0000930738

Creepy tombstones? Nope, they are just hauntingly familiar.

No comments: