St Clair Cemetery, Mt Lebanon, Allegheny Co, PA

Search for cemetery records in Saint Clair Cemetery, PA at by entering a surname and clicking search:

Restrict search to

Surname

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lost in Death in South Carolina

South Carolina research has always been difficult. I don't know if it resulted from Sherman's March to the Sea or the numerous fires which seem to have taken toll of old records.

Today, I found a notice from a couple of months ago for a database which has scanned copies of death certificates from the 1821-1955 online! So, I happily spent a couple of hours getting some old documents to help flush out my family files.

There were even some "aha" moments in my finds. I can't wait to share my latest finds with some of my dear Low Country kinfolk.

If you're interested in this site, just check out Ancestry.com. The database is one of their recent ones.

It pays to continue to search for documents. Just like family, they sometimes will show up when least expected!

Enjoy your hunt.

No comments: