St Clair Cemetery, Mt Lebanon, Allegheny Co, PA

Search for cemetery records in Saint Clair Cemetery, PA at by entering a surname and clicking search:

Restrict search to

Surname

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday: And They Fought and They Won "Over There"

Just a quick note for you World War I genealogy buffs who have roots in Western PA, with an emphasis on Allegheny County. Yes, the wonderful men of World War I are all gone now and we visit their tombstones.  Perhaps, it's time to read more about what they experienced.

Six more World War I articles which were found in old Pittsburgh area newspapers and transcribed by my geni-friend Lynn have now been uploaded.

Relive the past in the 38 articles which provide a great look in to the 1918-1919 timeframe.  Maybe your past will come alive.  Maybe that special tombstone in your family will take on more meaning. I know mine did as I found my grandfather's name.

And just to keep you panting for more, there will be more articles uploaded in the next few days.

Check it out.

Ahh, genealogy.  "Over there, over there."  Yep, our doughboys went over there and didn't come back until it was over, over there.  Kind of an American tradition, don't ya know.

©2012 AS Eldredge

No comments: