St Clair Cemetery, Mt Lebanon, Allegheny Co, PA

Search for cemetery records in Saint Clair Cemetery, PA at by entering a surname and clicking search:

Restrict search to

Surname

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

My Kin Signed the Declaration of Independence-- Nearly

This morning, another cemetery list from my dear old Allegheny County, PA, was uploaded to the net.  So, forget everything and concentrate on any new directions that any finds will lead me.

The list of Melrose Cemetery in Bridgeville was a special treat as I did find several names and was able to fill in some blanks.  Off I went on trying to document more fun facts.

I found something new.  Real new.  Ok, maybe it happened back in 1776, but it was new to me.  I almost have kin who did sign the little ole document signed back in '76 which we all revere today.

Uhh?

Well, my uncle Thomas McMillan HENRY (1791-1873) married one Eliza CLARK (1799-1882).  I've been trying to see if she ties into another CLARK line I have from the area, but so far, no evidence to be able to confirm or to deny.

Back to today.  I ended up trying to find new leads as to the whereabouts of Uncle Thomas and his kin.  I already had documented he sold the land he received from his father, John HENRY, in 1840. I guess that is when he and Eliza removed themselves to Pulaski Twp in Lawrence Co, PA.  Lawrence county became their final home and they lived happily there until their deaths.

I also knew they had five children.  So far, so dull.

Now to the fun stuff---

Their only daughter, Caroline Cornelia HENRY (1836-1922) married one Hugh McKEAN in 1859.  Hugh is the son of John McKEAN and Mariah POMEROY. 

Now to the confusion---

According to some family trees found on that favorite site of ours where we all go look, they are related to the Thomas McKEAN who signed the Declaration.  Although, in looking at those trees, I can't figure out the connection, nor the documentation.

So, maybe it is, and maybe it isn't true.  But it sure is fun to think about.

Ahhh, genealogy. Almost related to some other famous people.  Almost, nearly.

©2012 AS Eldredge

1 comment:

Claudia said...

That does drive me crazy, I come upon many trees with names. I sometimes send a message and I get either of two answers.

I just copied it from an on line tree or I get no answer at all. The second annoys me the most.